What is SEDEX?
What is SMETA?
SMETA is an audit methodology, providing a compilation of best practice ethical audit techniques. It is designed to help auditors conduct high quality audits that encompass all aspects of responsible business practice, covering Sedex’s four pillars of Labour, Health and Safety, Environment and Business Ethics.
SMETA is designed for suppliers to share one audit with multiple customers, meeting multiple customer requirements and reducing duplication in ethical auditing. SMETA has three elements:
1. A common Best Practice Guidance on conducting ethical trade audits
2. A common Audit Report format3. A common Corrective Action Plan format
What is SEDEX SMETA?
What is the difference between SEDEX and SMETA?
Sedex is the name of the organisation – SMETA is the name of an audit methodology. The Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (Sedex) is a not-for-profit, membership organisation that leads work with buyers and suppliers to deliver improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains. Sedex was founded in 2001 by a group of retailers to drive convergence in social audit standards and monitoring practices. Sedex aims to ease the auditing burden on suppliers through the sharing of audit reports and to drive improvements in supply chain standards.
SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) is the audit methodology created by the Sedex membership to give a central agreed audit protocol, which can be confidently shared. Originally created by the Sedex Associate Auditor Group (AAG), now renamed the Sedex Stakeholder Forum (SSF) and involving multi-stakeholder consultation, it draws from practices defined by Sedex members and by the Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP)
What does a SMETA audit cover?
SMETA consists of four core documents:
- SMETA Best Practice Guidance (this document)
- SMETA Measurement Criteria
- SMETA Audit Report
- SMETA Corrective Action Plan Report (CAPR)
SMETA Audit against the following four auditing pillars:
A SMETA 2-Pillar audit comprises:
- Labour Standards
- Health and Safety
A SMETA 4-Pillar audit contains in addition:
- Labour Standards
- Health and Safety
- Business Ethics
How much does it cost to join Sedex?
How much is Sedex membership?
For Supplier: The annual membership fee for Supplier (B) members is £100.00 per site per year (VAT is chargeable to UK companies only), or 1200 RMB in China if you pay the Sedex China office by BACS.
For Buyer: For buyer (A) and buyer/supplier (AB) members there are two parts to the membership fee:
A one-off set up cost
An annual subscription fee
Both of these are determined by annual sales turnover. The set up cost includes training and account management support to help you get the most from your Sedex membership.
How do I get SEDEX/SMETA Certificate?
What are the Steps to Proceed and How to Achieve SEDEX Certification?
- You must register online on SEDEX for becoming Member B or AB based on request received from Member A and pay online for membership.
- You can link SEDEX Registration Number provided by Member A.
- Carry out Gap Analysis to check the Gap between company planned things and achieved things.
- You may fill online SAQ (Self Assessment Questionnaire) comprising of more than 300 questions online on SEDEX platform in your membership domain to determine exact Gaps.
- Determining role, responsibility and authorities, Identify and assemble core group, Appointment of Team Leader to Lead SEDEX implementation.
- Check the document of the organization to ensure that the documentation fulfilled the compliance requirement
- Create various Policies required by SEDEX guidelines
- Management Review Meeting at defined intervals to monitor progress of Implementation.
- Application to Certification Body (List of Approved Certification body available on SEDEX website)
- On-Audit by Certification body Auditor
- Auditor Issues Non-Conformance through email and also upload on SEDEX portal.
- Non-conformance closure with evidence submit to Certification body also on SEDEX Portal.
- Issue a Certificate of Compliance by Certification body or Report Upload on SEDEX Portal.
SEDEX Certification Consultancy
Is consultant required to get SEDEX Certificate?
addwise can help you achieve SEDEX Certification by providing consultancy to make process quick and effective. The SEDEX certificate is given by recognized certifying body and they carry out site audit for SEDEX certification. After certification they carry out annual certification audit.
addwise can help you develop, implement Best Ethical Practices requirements SMETA (SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit) is done by the certification body. The basic Best Ethical Practices requirements are as (1) Labour Standards (2) Health and Safety (3) Environment (4) Business Practices.
Who we are as SEDEX Certification Consultancy?
Team addwise have Food Safety Qualified professionals, SEDEX Lead Auditors who have consulted SEDEX Certification systems in more than 25 organization covering manufacturing and service industries of varied size and complexity in India, Ethiopia, Kuwait, Qatar, Dubai, Middle East.
Team addwise includes legal experts on food safety laws, rules and regulations, helps organization comply with. Team addwise includes QCI Approved and FSSAI Approved and SMETA (SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit) Consultant for SEDEX Certification.
addwise have successfully completed more than 25 SEDEX Certification projects on SMETA consultancy with 100% success rate.
addwise is the only QCI Approved Food Safety HACCP, ISO 22000, BRC Consultant in Gujarat. addwise is the only FSSAI Approved HACCP, ISO 22000 Food Safety Inspector, FSSAI Consultant, FSSAI Assessor and FSSAI Evaluator.
addwise provides SEDEX Certification Consultancy services in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Junagadh, Surendranagar, Mumbai, Pune, Mehsana, Sidhpur, Palanpur, Gandhinagar, Nadiad, Anand, Kutch, Ankleshwar, Dahej, Bharuch, Vapi, Valsad, Junagadh, Porbandar, Bhavnagar, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangaluru, Hubli, Belgaum, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Nepal, Bhutan, UAE, Middle East, Dubai etc.
What we Offer?
- One to One & personal attention rather than pure professional approach.
- 100% client retained till today.
- In-time project completion for all the projects handled till today.
- Team includes Lead Auditors, industry experts and Government QCI & FSSAI Approved Consultants.
- We don’t make client follow up for their project rather we follow up client for project execution.
- Client services for LIFE TIME not only up to project completion.
- Hence 100% client satisfactions at all the times.
- addwise believes that implementation of system is more important than no. of visit.
- Confidentiality is strictly maintained during and after implementation of project.
GET FREE QUOTE for Fast, Easy and Cost Effective SEDEX Certificate / Training
List of SEDEX Certified Clients
Ruparel Foods Pvt. Ltd, VeerralAgrotech, ARZOO Sortex, MKR Foods, Topnotch Foods LLP, UFLEX Limited, Kalpesh Corporation,SatnamPsyllium Industries, AV Organics LLP, Akash Agro Industries, Eastmade Herbs and Spices Pvt. Ltd., Sagar Chemicals, Pet Kraft, Kanpuretc.
Please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to get full client list.
What Trainings are required for SEDEX Certification?
addwise offers following trainings for SEDEX Certification:
|SEDEX Certification Training – Awareness||
|SEDEX Certification Policy Training||