What is IFS Certification?
IFS Food v7 now published
The new version of this standard gives more clarity about what we expect from auditors when they perform an IFS Assessment. The requirements now have a more prescriptive nature, and the new structure makes it easier to work with the standard. We have put more emphasis on the on-site evaluation and less on documentation. The assessment checklist has been aligned with the GFSI Benchmarking Requirements version 2020.1, FSMA, and EU regulations.
IFS Food version 7 assessments can be performed from 1st March 2021. The implementation will become mandatory for all certified companies as of 1st July 2021.
IFS Food version 7 at a glance
- Increased focus on the on-site assessment, less on documentation
- New wording: the audit becomes an assessment, to highlight the product and process approach of IFS in keeping with ISO/IEC 17065
- 15% less requirements
- Improved structure of the certification protocol tailored to the IFS stakeholders’ needs
- Better defined scoring system
- Clearly structured assessment report with standardised sections
- Every third IFS certification assessment will be unannounced
- Food Safety Culture has been incorporated into the requirements
- The new definitions on outsourcing clarifies different management modalities
- A valid GLN (Global Location Number) becomes mandatory for suppliers in the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom
- Additional tools to support quality managers, e.g. new e-learning courses, updated IFS auditXpressX Software and IFS Audit Manager App for internal auditing
What is meant by the IFS Standard and Compliance?
IFS know as International Featured Standards
IFS Standards are uniform food, product and service standards. They ensure that IFS-certified companies produce a product or provide a service that complies with customer specifications, while continually working on process improvements.
IFS was founded in 2003 under the name International Food Standard. Since then the company, which records an annual growth of 10.9 percent, has expanded its range by six further standards and operates globally.
All IFS-related information is published in five primary languages: German, English, Spanish, French and Italian. IFS aims to ensure comparability and transparency for the consumer throughout the entire supply chain, and to reduce costs for suppliers and retailers.
IFS have developed and released following standards for third party IFS Certification:
- IFS HPC
- IFS Global Markets HPC
- IFS Food
- IFS Global Markets Food
- IFS Wholesale / Cash & Carry
- IFS Logistics
- IFS Global Markets Logistics
- IFS Broker
- IFS PACsecure
What is the difference between (IFS, FSSC 22000, SQF & BRC) Standards and GFSI?
IFS is one among recognised GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) Standard. GFSI is different than IFS. GFSI has recognised five standards IFS, BRC Global Standard, FSSC 22000, SQF and GLOBAL GAP. IFS, BRC Global Standard, SQF, GLOBAL GAP and FSSC 22000 standards have their distinct requirement for audit and compliance.
What does IFS Certificate stand for in the food industry and what are the Benefits of IFS Certificate?
IFS Food certification can offer a number of key benefits to companies striving for excellence in quality, food safety and customer satisfaction, and seeking a competitive advantage in their market place.
Production department benefits:
- Improved understanding between management and staff relating to good practices, standards and procedures,
- Monitoring of compliance with food regulations,
- More effective use of resources,
- Reduction in the need for customer audits,
- Independent third party audits,
- Higher flexibility through individual implementation due to a risk based approach.
Marketing department benefits:
- Improved business reputation as a manufacturer of high-quality and safe products
- Ability to trade with customers requiring third party audits
- Use of the IFS logo and certificate to demonstrate compliance with the highest standards.
- Ensures both the fulfilment of legal obligations and of customer protection.
How do I access and check my IFS Certification Status Online?
IFS Certified client receives login credentials from IFS by email as client login. IFS Certified clients are updated in IFS Directory with their Organisation Name, Address, Scope of Certification Products and Contact Details with Issue of Certificate and Validity of IFS Certificate.
What is the meaning of IFS Audit and How to Implement IFS Food and IFS PACsecure for Packaging?
- Organisational commitment towards Food Safety as per IFS Certification
- develop internal system about Food Safety Hazard and Risk from process and product as per IFS Certification
- Develop Food Safety Monitoring Plan covering stages of inspections required to control manufacturing or service delivery process to eliminate, reduce or control health hazards and food safety risks from physical, chemical & microbiological contamination as per IFS Certification.
- Increase consumer confidence, community faith and stake holder confidence
- Reduce legal obligation related to product, service delivery such as Food Safety and Standards FSSAI Act, FSS Rules, Food Safety & Standard Rules.
- Global market access in terms of export and global recognition
- Independent of personal competency and high reliability on Food Safety Management System.
- Reduce Product Recall, Reduce Product Withdrawal, Reduce Non-Conformances, Reduce re-process, Reduce Legal Non-Compliances,
- Legal Compliance of Schedule 4 Compliance of FSSAI, FSSAI license conditions, FSSAI Inspection
- Pre-Requisite Program, Operational PRP, Hazard Risk Evaluation, CCP Determination, HACCP Plan, Validation Plan, Verification Plan as per IFS Certification
- Food Safety concerned organisational approach as per IFS Certification
- Reduce Legal Obligation and compliance inspections.
How do I get IFS Certificate?
What are the Steps to Proceed and How to Achieve IFS Certification?
- Gap Analysis, Corporate Food Safety Policy, Corporate Food Safety Objectives
- Determining role, responsibility and authorities, Identify and assemble core group, Appointment of Food Safety Team Leader
- Awareness Training to Core Group and identified staff
- Management System Documentation: Level 1 to Level 4, Food Safety Manual, Procedures, SSOP, Pre-Requisite Program, HACCP Manual, Food Safety Plan, Validation Plan, Verification Plan.
- VACCP and TACCP
- Food Defence Plan and Security Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment of Raw Material, Packing Material, Outsource Processes
- Internal Auditors Training to Core Group and Conduct of Internal Audit
- Conduct of Management Review Meeting
- Application to Certification Body
- Final Certification Audit – end of project
IFS Certification Consultancy
Is consultant required to get IFS Certificate?
addwise can help you achieve IFS-Food Certification and IFS PACsecure Certification through effective implementation securing < 75% Score. The Compliance Percentage depending upon available infrastructure improvements with 100% success rate of project implementation with in time frame.
addwise can help you develop, implement IFS Certification requirements and attain IFS certification from reputed certification body. addwise is preferred consultancy organisation by reputed IFS certification bodies in India, Middle East, Europe, USA.
addwise also helps organisation for IFS Certification Consultancy on Plant Design, Plant Layout. addwise can help organisation construct plant as per IFS Certification.
Who we are as IFS Certification Consultancy?
Team addwise have Food Safety Qualified professionals, IFS Lead Auditors who have consulted IFS Certification systems in more than 25 organisation covering manufacturing and service industries of varied size and complexity in India, Ethiopia, Kuwait, Qatar, Dubai, and Middle East.
Team addwise includes legal experts on food safety laws, rules and regulations, helps organisation comply with. Team addwise includes QCI Approved and FSSAI Approved IFS Food Safety Management System Consultant for IFS Certification.
addwise have successfully completed more than 25 IFS Certification projects on IFS-Food and IFS PACsecure consultancy with 100% success rate. addwise is also offering consultancy for IFS HPC, IFS Global Markets HPC, IFS Global Markets Food, IFS Wholesale /Cash & Carry, IFS Logistics , IFS Global Markets Logistics, IFS Broker standard as per IFS Certification Standard.
addwise have successfully completed consultancy projects according to IFS HPC, IFS Global Markets HPC, IFS Global Markets Food, IFS Wholesale /Cash & Carry, IFS Logistics, IFS Global Markets Logistics, IFS Broker requirements.
addwise is the only QCI Approved Food Safety HACCP, ISO 22000, IFS Consultant in Gujarat. addwise is the only FSSAI Approved HACCP, ISO 22000 Food Safety Inspector, FSSAI Consultant, FSSAI Assessor and FSSAI Evaluator.
addwise provides IFS Certification Consultancy services in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Junagadh, Surendranagar, Mumbai, Pune, Mehsana, Sidhpur, Palanpur, Gandhinagar, Nadiad, Anand, Kutch, Ankleshwar, Dahej, Bharuch, Vapi, Valsad, Junagadh, Porbandar, Bhavnagar, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangaluru, Hubli, Belgaum, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Nepal, Bhutan, UAE, Middle East, Dubai etc.
What we Offer?
- One to One & personal attention rather than pure professional approach.
- 100% client retained till today.
- In-time project completion for all the projects handled till today.
- Team includes Lead Auditors, industry experts and Government QCI & FSSAI Approved Consultants.
- We don’t make client follow up for their project rather we follow up client for project execution.
- Client services for LIFE TIME not only up to project completion.
- Hence 100% client satisfactions at all the times.
- addwise believes that implementation of system is more important than no. of visit.
- Confidentiality is strictly maintained during and after implementation of project.
GET FREE QUOTE for Fast, Easy and Cost Effective IFS Certificate / Training
List of IFS Certified Clients
Ruparel Foods Pvt. Ltd, UFLEX Limited, Kalpesh Corporation, Satnam Psyllium Industries, AV Organics LLP, Akash Agro Industries, Eastmade Herbs and Spices Pvt. Ltd., Sagar Chemicals, Pet Kraft, Kanpur etc.
Please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to get full client list.
What Trainings are required for IFS Certification?
addwise offers following trainings for IFS based Food Safety Management System
|IFS Food – Awareness Training||
|IFS Food – Awareness Training||
|IFS Food – Internal Auditor Training||
|IFS Food – Internal Auditor Training||