What is Process Plant Design?
What is food process design?
What is a food processing facility?
What is plant layout design?
Importance of Plant Designing:
A food processing facility is a type of food service establishment that is a commercial operation that processes food for human consumption, and provides processed food for sale and distribution to other business entities such as other food establishments.
Plant layout design is the designing of the entire facility including the building, utilities, placement of the process machinery, etc.
Process design is focused on the design of the process itself including flow rates, sizing of the process equipment and piping, energy input requirements, etc.
Plant layout refers to an optimum arrangement of different facilities including human resource, plant and machinery, material etc. Since a layout once implemented cannot be easily changed and costs of such a change are substantial, the plant layout is a strategic decision.
A poor layout will result in continuous losses in terms of higher efforts for material handling, more waste and rework, poor space utilization etc.
Hence, need to analyse and design a sound plant layout can hardly be over emphasized. It is a crucial function that has to be performed both at the time of initial design of any facility, and during its growth, development and diversification.
What is factory layout?
What is facility layout?
What do you understand by plant layout?
What is layout model?
Objectives and advantages:
Some of the important objectives of a good plant layout are as follows:
- Overall simplification of production process in terms of equipment utilization,minimization of delays, reducing manufacturing time, and better provisions for maintenance
- Overall integration of man, materials, machinery, supporting activities and any other considerations in a way that result in the best compromise.
- Minimization of material handling cost by suitably placing the facilities in the best flow sequence
- Saving in floor space, effective space utilization and less congestion / confusion
- Increased output and reduced in-process inventories
- Better supervision and control
- Worker convenience and worker satisfaction
- Better working environment, safety of employees and reduced hazards
- Minimization of waste and higher productivity
- Avoid unnecessary capital investment
- Higher flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions
What is layout and types of layout?
What are the different types of plant layout?
What are the 4 basic layout types?
The following are the major types of plant layout:
- Process Layout:
Process layout is a design for the floor plan of a plant to improve efficiency by arranging machinery and equipment according to its function.
Advantage of Process Layout:
- Lower initial capital investment
- The optimum level of degree machine use
- Breakdown of machine does not affect the entire production process
- Product Layout:
In the product layout, processing equipment and machines are organized according to the sequence of operations of the product where an only a single type of products is an operating area. Product layout is suitable for standardized products which are produced in large quantities.
Advantage of Process Layout:
- Low cost of material handling
- Lesser inventory and work in progress
- The continuous flow of work
- Smooth and continuous operations
- Fixed-Position Layout:
In a fixed position layout, the major component stays in a fixed location, instead, the machinery, manpower, material, parts, tools and another supporting equipment are taken to this location. The main composition of the product is in a static position because it is too heavy to move from one place to another. So, bringing a machinery tools and equipment to workplace along with the manpower is more economical and convenient.
Advantage of Fixed-Position Layout:
- Independent production centers of fixed-position layout ensure effective planning and loading. Greater flexibility for change in product design, product mix and production volume.
- Combined Layout:
The combined layout is a flexible manufacturing layout where the merits of both the process and product layout are combined. Flexibility is a very important requirement of factory layout. So, it is the good features of all types of layouts are connected, a most economical and flexible solution can be obtained.
Types of layout problems/situations:
The plant layout problems can be classified into four types as follows:
- Planning completely new facility
- Expanding or relocating an existing facility
- Rearrangement of existing layout
- Minor modifications in present layout
Each plant design is Unique due to its process, product lines and location even despite its is for same product or in same location of for same process.
Objective of plant design it to meet legal compliance so as to avoid future demolitions/re-construction cost, time and financial resource.
Plant Designing Consultancy
How addwise can help you?
How do you create a plant layout?
How do you design a factory layout?
How do you set up a food processing unit?
How we can help you in Plant Designing?
- Study plant layout with respect to proposed process flow, risk zoning and material movement requirements.
- Process flow study and suggest changes based on risk evaluation.
- Material Movement, Man movement, Waste, Movement and Cross-contamination based, on risk zoning.
- Isolation as per Hazard Risk analysis and Risk Zoning method.
- Equipment installation guidance based on risk analysis.
- Pest control and Hygiene station requirement and design.
- Water, Air, Steam, Utility assessment and its risk profile with respect to product and process.
- Ventilation, Lighting, Door, Window, Floor Design and Requirement.
- Plumbing, Drainage, Fire Fighting, Human Safety aspects.
- Other infrastructure requirements as per FSSAI Schedule-4, HACCP, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, BRC-Food, IFS, USFDA.
Exclusion: Structural, Architectural inputs, Machinery Selection, Project Management and anything not include in SLA.
What we Offer?
- One to One & personal attention rather than pure professional approach.
- 100% client retained till today.
- In-time project completion for all the projects handled till today.
- Team includes Lead Auditors, industry experts and Government QCI & FSSAI Approved Consultants.
- We don’t make client follow up for their project rather we follow up client for project execution.
- Client services for LIFE TIME not only up to project completion.
- Hence 100% client satisfactions at all the times.
- addwise believes that implementation of system is more important than no. of visit.
- Confidentiality is strictly maintained during and after implementation of project.
List of our clients:
DSM Nutrition, Ramdev Foods Pvt. Ltd., Havmor Ice-cream, Ruparel Foods Pvt. Ltd., Jivraj Tea Limited, Khedut Feeds & Foods Pvt. Ltd., SidhpurSat-Isabgol, Modern Foods Pvt. Ltd., Aakash Agro, Kalpesh Corporation, Zoopy Noodles, Irish Foods Pvt. Ltd., etc.
We have completed 44 Plant Design assignments, out of which 09 Units are USFDA Inspected and Approved and others are BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS or equivalent International Standard certified or approved.
addwise is leading name in Food Sector Management System Consultancy organisation, catering to 1000+ clients across globe in last 9 years of credible services.
Contact us to know more about consultancy process, approach and fees….
Click here to get free quote or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Girish Sharma
addwise – +91 99789 40673
GET FREE QUOTE for Fast, Easy and Cost Effective Plant Designing