What is Process Plant Design?
What is food process design?
What is a food processing facility?
What is plant layout design?
Importance of the Plant Designing:
A food processing plant or food processing companies or the food factory is a type of food service establishment that is a commercial operation that processes food for human consumption, and provides processed food for sale and distribution to other business entities such as other food establishments.
Plant layout design is the design tree (designing) of the entire facility including the food processing building design, utilities, placement of the process machinery, interior plant design layout etc.
Process design is focused on the design of the process itself including flow rates, sizing of the process equipment and piping, energy input requirements, etc.
Plant layout refers to an optimum arrangement of different facilities including human resource, plant and machinery, material etc. Since a layout once implemented cannot be easily changed and costs of such a change are substantial, factory design and layout is a strategic decision.
A poor plant layout design for food industry will result in continuous losses in terms of higher efforts for material handling, more waste and rework, poor space utilization etc.
Hence, need to analyse and design a sound plant layout can hardly be over emphasized. It is a crucial function that has to be performed both at the time of initial design of any facility, and during its growth, development and diversification.
What is factory layout?
What is facility layout?
What do you understand by plant layout?
What is layout model?
Objectives and advantages:
Some of the important objectives of a good food plant layout in food manufacturing companies:
- Overall simplification of food product development (production) process in terms of equipment utilization, minimization of delays, reducing manufacturing time, and better provisions for maintenance
- Overall integration of man, materials, machinery, food processing technologies, supporting activities and any other considerations in a way that result in the best compromise.
- Minimization of material handling cost by suitably placing the facilities in the best flow sequence
- Saving in floor space, effective space utilization and less congestion / confusion
- Increased output and reduced in-process inventories
- Better supervision and control
- Worker convenience and worker satisfaction
- Better working environment, safety of employees and reduced hazards
- Minimization of waste and higher productivity
- Avoid unnecessary capital investment
- Higher flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions
What is layout and types of layout?
What are the different types of plant layout?
What are the 4 basic layout types?
The following are the major types for food processing plant layout (Types of food plant design and layout):
- Process Layout:
Process layout is a design layout of food processing plant for the floor plan of a plant to improve efficiency by arranging machinery and equipment according to its function.
Advantage of Process Layout:
- Lower initial capital investment
- The optimum level of degree machine use
- Breakdown of machine does not affect the entire production process
- Product Layout:
In the product layout, unit operations in food processing equipment and machines are organized according to the sequence of operations of the product where an only a single type of products is an operating area. Product layout is suitable for standardized products which are produced in large quantities.
Advantage of Product Layout:
- Low cost of material handling
- Lesser inventory and work in progress
- The continuous flow of work
- Smooth and continuous operations
- Fixed-Position Layout:
In a fixed position layout, the major component stays in a fixed location, instead, the machinery, manpower, material, parts, tools and another supporting equipment are taken to this location. The main composition of the product is in a static position because it is too heavy to move from one place to another. So, bringing a machinery tools and equipment to workplace along with the manpower is more economical and convenient.
Advantage of Fixed-Position Layout:
- Independent production centers of fixed-position layout ensure effective planning and loading. Greater flexibility for change in product design, product mix and production volume.
- Combined Layout:
The combined layout is a flexible manufacturing plant layout where the merits of both the process and product layout are combined. Flexibility is a very important requirement of factory plant layout. So, it is the good features of all types of layouts are connected, a most economical and flexible solution can be obtained.
Types of layout problems/situations:
The food plant layout or food factory layout design problems can be classified into four types as follows:
- Planning completely new facility
- Expanding or relocating an existing facility
- Rearrangement of existing layout
- Minor modifications in present layout
Each food processing business plant design system is Unique due to its process, product lines and location even despite it is for same product or in same location of for same process.
Objective of plant design it to meet legal compliance so as to avoid future demolitions/re-construction cost, time and financial resource.
Food Plant Design Consultancy
How addwise can help you as food processing plant design consultancy?
How do you create a plant layout?
How do you design a factory layout?
How do you set up a food processing unit?
How we as Food Plant Design Consultants can help you in food processing factory layout & plant designing??
- Study plant layout with respect to proposed process flow, risk zoning and material movement requirements considering air direction at plant location placements of areas such as RM to FG.
- Space requirement or areas considering product being handled and its raw material, packing material storage and rotation requirement considering GMP norms for staking.
- Process flow study and suggest changes based on risk evaluation.
- Man movement based on process flow and product flow to avoid cross-contamination considering risk assessment.
- Material Movement by vehicle, person or conveyors – based on process flow, product flow and risk assessment to avoid cross contamination.
- Waste generation, accumulation, storage and discard flow to avoid Cross-contamination based on risk zoning.
- Isolation of area, process and product as per Hazard Risk analysis and Risk Zoning method.
- Equipment installation guidance based on GMP norms risk analysis.
- Pest control and Hygiene station requirement and design based on GMP norms.
- Water, Air, Steam, Utility assessment and its risk profile with respect to product and process. Entry and exit flow to Utility for maintenance to avoid cross contamination within production areas.
- Isolation of Utilities considering product, process and risk associated.
- Ventilation, Lighting, Door, Window, Floor Design and Requirement based on risk assessment.
- Plumbing, Drainage, electrical cabling, ETP, STP location and placement as per risk assessment.
- Fire Fighting, Human Safety aspects considering prevailing rules and regulations.
- Other infrastructure requirements as per FSSAI Schedule-4, HACCP, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, BRC-Food, IFS, USFDA.
Exclusion: Structural, Architectural inputs, Machinery Selection, Project Management and anything not include in Service Level Agreement.
What we Offer as food processing plant design consultants? (plant design services)
As food processing plant designing consultancy; we offer best services with the help of best food processing plant designing consultants. We have listed few points below which our food plant designing consultants cover and serve to our clients as food plant designing consultancy:
- One to One & personal attention rather than pure professional approach.
- 100% client retained till today.
- In-time project completion for all the projects handled till today.
- Team includes Lead Auditors, industry experts and Government QCI & FSSAI Approved Consultants.
- We don’t make client follow up for their project rather we follow up client for project execution.
- Client services for LIFE TIME not only up to project completion.
- Hence 100% client satisfactions at all the times.
- addwise believes that implementation of system is more important than no. of visit.
- Confidentiality is strictly maintained during and after implementation of project.
List of our clients:
DSM Nutrition, Ramdev Foods Pvt. Ltd., Havmor Ice-cream, Ruparel Foods Pvt. Ltd., Jivraj Tea Limited (USFDA), Khedut Feeds & Foods Pvt. Ltd., SidhpurSat-Isabgol (USFDA), Modern Foods Pvt. Ltd., Aakash Agro, Kalpesh Corporation (USFDA), Zoopy Noodles, Irish Foods Pvt. Ltd., etc.
We have completed 44 Plant Design assignments, out of which 09 Units are USFDA Inspected and Approved and others are BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS or equivalent International Standard certified or approved by Nestle, Mars, Mondelez, P&G, TEVA, Reckitt Benckiser, CIPLA, MTR etc. .
addwise is leading name in Food Industry Consultancy organisation, catering to 1000+ clients across globe in last 9 years of credible services.
We deliver solutions from Plant Design, FSSAI Licensing, FSSAI Product Approval, FSSAI Labelling, Documentation & Certifications like FSSC22000, BRC Food, BRC Packaging, IFS Food, ISO 22000, HACCP, Organic, Kosher, HALAL, RSPO, SEDEX etc.. One stop solution for food industry consultancy service requirements.
Contact us to know more about consultancy process, approach and fees….
Click here to get free quote or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Girish Sharma
+91 99789 40673
GET FREE QUOTE for Fast, Easy and Cost Effective Cost-Effective Plant & Food Factory Designing