What is Kosher Certification?
What makes something kosher? What does it mean to be Kosher certified?
KOSHER Certification is Jewish religious certification. Kosher Certification is primarily product certification for food product. Food Safety Certification KOSHER Certification for FOOD product is mainly pertaining to consumption practise followed by Jewish community of Israel.
KOSHER Certification is demanded majorly in US markets where Jewish populations is quite spread. KOSHER Certification is mandatory for food products exported to USA, Israel, EUROPE and other major markets where jewish personnel spread.
KOSHER Certification aims at avoiding cross contamination of certain type food products such as Milk, Meat, Fish, Edible Oil, Essential Oil etc.
KOSHER Certification is mandatory certification for any food products being exported to USA, EUROPE and other major markets.
There are various certification agencies operating in India and abroad providing assessment against KOSHER Certification criteria and Auditors are called Rabbi. To name a few Orthodox Union (OU), JK Kosher, OK Kosher, StarK. All these KOSHER Certification agencies are belongs to and approved by ISRAEL.
Product evaluated and approved for KOSHER Certification must bear K logo as Kosher Certification Symbol on food product.
KOSHER Certification being Food Product Certification all ingredients used to manufacture and sale retail food product must be KOSHER Certified. e.g. Sugar used in ICECREAM. To certifiy ICECREAM as Kosher Certified all ingredients including Sugar and other must be KOSHER Certified.
What is the difference between kosher and halal? Is Kosher same as halal?
Kosher and Halal both are religious product certifications. Kosher Certification follows Jewish religious guidelines whereas Halal Certification requirements are based on Islamic Shariat.
How do I get Kosher Certificate?
What are the Steps to Proceed and How to Achieve Kosher Certification?
Step 1: You need to apply for Kosher certification submitting predefined application form. Email us you requirement to send you application form email@example.com
Step 2: Kosher certification application requires details about product, product compositions, ingredients, additives and processing aid to manufacture food products. Need to provide suppliers of ingredients, additives and processing aid with their relevant kosher certification if they have.
Step 3: Application details are evaluated against Kosher Certification requirement for possible cross contamination from non-kosher ingredients. Queries and further documents may be asked to justify Kosher Certification requirements is met with.
Step 4: Food Products with non-kosher ingredients can not be certified for Kosher Certification. Also excluding non-kosher certification food products may have implication to clearly segregate entire production line from Kosher Certification applied products.
Step 5: Once desktop audit is confirmed and required fees is paid for kosher certification, physical audit at site is planned for Kosher Certification.
Step 6: After successful on-site audit for Kosher Certification to check applied products on-site, audit report is further processed, samples may be collected or sent for testing.
Step 7: After due processing time, Kosher Certification may be issued.
Kosher Certification Consultancy
Is consultant required to get Kosher Certificate?
Yes, for applying Kosher Certification for the first time, it is essential to hire Kosher Certification Consultant.
Who we are as Kosher Certification Consultancy?
addwise can help you establish system according to Kosher Certification System Requirements. addwise have profession method of implementing Kosher based Food Safety requirements. The activity time line for achieving Kosher certification is as follows:
- Gap Analysis, Kosher Food Safety Policy, Kosher Food Safety Objectives
- Determining role, responsibility and authorities, Identify and assemble core group, Appointment of Team Leader
- Management System Documentation: Level 1 to Level 4, Pre-Requisite Program, Kosher based Hazard Evaluation, Kosher Critical Control Point, Kosher Plan.
- Awareness Training to Core Group and identified staff
- Internal Auditors Training to Core Group and Conduct of Internal Audit
- Conduct of Management Review Meeting
- Application to Certification Body
- Final Certification Audit – end of project
What we Offer?
addwise is an approved KOSHER Certification Consultant to help Food Industries assess and obtain KOSHER Certification from Reputed KOSHER CERTIFICATION agencies.
addwise can train Food Industry on KOSHER Certification requirements and help obtain KOSHER Certification.
- One to One & personal attention rather than pure professional approach.
- 100% client retained till today.
- In-time project completion for all the projects handled till today.
- Team includes Lead Auditors, industry experts and Government QCI & FSSAI Approved Consultants.
- We don’t make client follow up for their project rather we follow up client for project execution.
- Client services for LIFE TIME not only up to project completion.
- Hence 100% client satisfactions at all the times.
- addwise believes that implementation of system is more important than no. of visit.
- Confidentiality is strictly maintained during and after implementation of project.
addwise can help you develop, implement Kosher Certification system and attain Kosher certification from reputed Kosher certification body. addwise is preferred consultancy organisation by reputed Kosher certification bodies.
List of Kosher Certified Clients
Deepak Nitrite, H J Arochem, Jayshree Aromatics, Monachem. Eastmade Spices etc.
Please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to get full client list.
How to apply for Kosher Certification
addwise can help you obtain fast, easy and cost effective Kosher Certification from reputed Israel based Kosher Certification Agencies.
Click here to get free quote or email us on email@example.com
Contact: Girish Sharma
addwise – +91 99789 40673
GET FREE QUOTE for Fast, Easy and Cost Effective Kosher Certificate / Training