EIA Certification / EIC Certificate
EIA – Export Inspection Agency
EIC is the official certification body of the Government of India. It has been established under the Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963 (22 of 1963), for advising the Central Government on measures to be taken for development of export trade through quality control & pre-shipment inspection.
EIAs are the five Export Inspection Agencies having headquarters at Bombay, Calcutta, Cochin, Delhi & Madras. EIAs are autonomous bodies established by the Central Government under the Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963 (22 of 1963), as the field organisations for implementing the policies of the Central Government with respect to quality control and / or pre – shipment inspection of export commodities from India.
EIC, either directly or through the Export Inspection Agencies, its field organisations, renders services in the areas of:
- Certification of quality of export commodities through installation of quality assurance systems (In-process Quality Control and Self-Certification) in the exporting units as well as consignment-wise inspection.
- Certification of quality of food items for export through installation of Food Safety Management Systems in the food processing units as per international standards
- Issue of different types of Certificates such as Health, Authenticity etc. to exporters under various product schemes for export.
- Issue of Certificates of Origin to exporters under various preferential tariff schemes for export products.
- Laboratory testing services.
- Training and technical assistance to the industry in installation of Quality and Safety Management Systems based on principles of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), ISO-9001: 2000, ISO: 17025 and other related international standards, laboratory testing etc.
- Recognition of Inspection Agencies as per ISO 17020 and Laboratories as per ISO 17025 and utilizing them for export inspection and testing.
Pre-shipment inspection is mandatory export of the following commodities:
- Fish & Fishery Products,
- Egg Products,
- Milk & Milk Products, and
- Black Pepper for USA to avoid detentions.
- Basmati rice for EU to avail duty drawback.
What is the advantage of EIC/EIA certification to exporters?
The certification of EIC/EIAs provides the following benefits to the exporters:
- independent third party certification as a tool for market access.
- official assurance of quality, which is becoming particularly relevant in food sector to meet regulatory requirements of importing countries.
- free entry for Indian products in overseas market through equivalence agreements / MOUs with official import control bodies of our trading partners whereby EIC’s certification is recognised by them as meeting their requirements; i.e. Black Pepper to USA, which if not accompanied by EIA certificates, is detained by USFDA on arrival.
How addwise can help you?
Click here to get free quote or email us on email@example.com
Contact: Girish Sharma
addwise – +91 99789 40673
addwise provides EIA/EIC Certification consultancy services in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Surendranagar, Mumbai, Pune, Mehsana, Sidhpur, Palanpur, Gandhinagar, Nadiad, Anand, Kutch, Ankleshwar, Dahej, Bharuch, Vapi, Valsad, Junagadh, Porbandar, Bhavnagar, Maharashtra, New Delhi, etc.
GET FREE QUOTE for Fast, Easy and Cost Effective EIA EIC Certificate/ Training